ASP Ultra Cuffs are a National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) “Member Tested and Recommended” Gold Award Winner
The original ASP Ultra Cuffs set a new standard in restraint design, technology, features and application. And Ultra Plus Cuffs raise the bar again, with the addition of a major new feature: keyless double locking. Double locking—a critical step in ensuring both subject and officer safety—is accomplished simply and instantly, simply by pressing the double lock bar with a fingertip. The bar is color-indicated, for instant recognition of double lock status—once cuffs are applied and set, if you see the indicator, press it. This makes double locking faster, easier and less likely to be skipped or overlooked. And because a key no longer needs to be accessed or present during the cuffing process, it’s even safer for all involved.
Other than the revolutionary keyless double lock, “Plus Cuffs” share all the same features that make ASP Ultra Cuffs the gold standard among restraints:
- Forged aluminum frame: Forged from 7075 T6 ordnance-grade aluminum, Ultra Cuff frames are rigid and incredibly strong, yet lightweight. Forging—as opposed to the stamped steel parts found in other restraints—also eliminates rough or sharp edges; the smooth, rounded Ultra Cuff frame is more ergonomic, and safer for both officer and subject.
- Conical, flat contact bow: The geometry of the bow fits a wider range of wrists, and a flat contact area improves application speed and accuracy. Bows are also highly radiused, to prevent injury. Ultra Cuffs are available with either steel bows or aluminum bows, to lighten the load even more.
- Dual-sided, single-turn keyways: Ultra Cuffs feature keyways on both sides of each frame, and both the primary lock and double lock are released by turning the key in a single direction. Double locks can be disengaged and re-engaged using the key, without releasing the cuff bows, for safe and easy adjustment. All of these features add up to making cuff application and removal faster and easier.
- Replaceable Lock Sets: The lock assemblies are unitized and replaceable. This allows them to be field-serviced when needed, and provides the unique option to change Lock Sets to suit different agency preferences, or to switch to a high-security configuration.* The construction of the Lock Sets, and their placement within the forged frame, also makes them highly-resistant to shimming.
Chain Ultra Plus Cuffs feature a stainless steel chain with smooth, free-rotating swivels. Ultra Plus Cuffs are also available in Hinge models.
- • Keyless double locks• Dual sided keyways• Forged alloy frame• Length: 9.4"• Width: 3.125"• Weight Steel: 9 ounces• Weight Aluminum: 7 ounces